Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Individual Marketing

Individual marketing is defined as tailoring products and marketing programs to the needs and preferences of individual customers. In this marketing strategy, products are customized to suit each person.

One company that has been using this strategy for over a decade now is Build-A-Bear Workshop. When thinking about which company succeeds using individual marketing, Build-A-Bear came to me. When I brought my 7-year-old sister to the workshop, she had a difficult time making decisions. That's because Build-A-Bear has over a hundred furry friends to select from, numerous possible outfits and accessories for the stuffed animals, and multiple different sounds to place into the bear along with its stuffing. Young boys and girls get excited when going to the workshop because these furry friends are tailored to their liking. A typical customer walks in, selects an animal, chooses a sound to be placed in it, stuffs the animal, grooms it, then selects an outfit (or multiple) for his/her new friend. After creating a furry friend, a customer names it and receives a unique birth certificate. Every customer walks out with a friend that is different from the friends of previous and future customers. Every customer customizes a friend to their preferences, and every customer is more satisfied this way.



Amanda Saechao, Section E

6 comments:

  1. http://museum-madness.blogspot.com/2012/05/the-strategic-management-process-review.html?showComment=1429507280040#c3996050901634941798

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi… by the look of your website I gather that you are a professional. Can you help me make money, blogging? I have a few sample articles. Can I send it to you for your review? I have already begun posting my skills on sites like www.zopaudios.com,Ebook cover brochure design, and www.gicree.com. Quite a number of buyers have responded. I like to post my blogs on other marketplaces too. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has started a business and she also has store like this. She is planning to start online business as well and I think along with individual marketing, it is important to start internet marketing which is going to get traffic on the website and the business gets more famous. I will also be taking help of facebook ads Los Angeles for better results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are hundreds of coupons people are looking for Google Ads here you can find the Best Google Ads Coupon 2020.
    Google Ads & AdWords coupon 2020

    ReplyDelete